Subuhi (Su) Siddiqui is a Refugee and Immigration Lawyer with extensive experience in Canadian immigration and refugee law matters, and restricts her practice to these areas of law.
Through her comprehensive and detailed approach to immigration and refugee law, Subuhi has helped her clients obtain permanent residency in Canada whether they are fleeing persecution in their home countries, or wishing to immigrate via economic and family applications. She has argued a variety of complex matters before all divisions of the Immigration and Refugee Board, and the Federal Court of Canada, including:
- complex permanent residency applications involving medical and criminal inadmissibility factors with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada;
- refugee protection claims at the Refugee Protection Division;
- appeals of decisions at the Refugee Appeal Division and the Immigration Appeal Division;
- applications for leave and for judicial review and stays of removal orders before the Federal Court of Canada;
- applications for pre-removal risk assessment; and
- matters for those facing arrest and detention by the Canada Border Services Agency at an Immigration Holding Centre.
Subuhi is a passionate advocate for social justice for women, BIPOC and 2SLGBTQ+ individuals, and is proud to support her clients from diverse backgrounds in a sensitive and supportive manner.
Subuhi began working at Lewis & Associates in November 2018, bringing with her a wealth of knowledge and experience, having worked in the legal field since 2008.
After graduating with an Honours B.A. in International Development and Economics from the University of Toronto, Subuhi received her Honours LL.B. from the City University in London, UK. She was called to bar in the Province of Ontario in 2014.
In addition to supporting her clients, Subuhi manages the Administrative Department at Lewis & Associates and plays an active role in the recruitment of future team members.